RAUN K. KAUFMAN
FULL DAY WORKSHOP
“Child First Autism Approaches:
Respectful Strategies for Relationship-Building,
Conflict-Free Learning, Socialization and Crisis Turnaround”
What to Expect
Raun K. Kaufman’s energetic, humorous, guaranteed-you-won’t-be-bored style will whisk you through this highly-interactive webinar designed for parents, family members, therapists, and educators.
In the first segment, Raun will unveil the root cause of crises and extreme behaviours… and the real solutions. In the next, Raun will take you on a deep dive into the unrecognized issues at the heart of autism and how to unravel them by entering your loved one’s world first. And, in the third, Raun will set you up with take-away techniques to enable children and adults on the spectrum to cross the bridge to our world, learn, and grow – in a way that works with them rather than against them.
- By the end of the workshop, you will learn:
- The deeper causes of crises, meltdowns, hitting, yelling, and other challenging behaviours – and how misdiagnosis of the problem prevents us from solving it
- The truth about autism – what it really is, and how it is profoundly misunderstood (which means that our kids are, too)
- How to detect your loved one’s stress signals…so you can circumvent flare-ups before they happen
- The 5 turnaround tools that can quiet any crisis by addressing the cause instead of the symptom How to see the difference between a behavioural issue and a social-relational issue
- How to use “autism X-ray vision glasses” to discern your loved one’s brain state
- How to approach your child or adult in a way that matches their brain state
- The key to “speaking their language” so that you can create a trusted and bonded relationship with someone on the spectrum, even if they don’t seem interested
- The most respectful and effective approach to “stimming”
- How to use your child or adult’s powerful interests as a gateway to accelerated learning…instead of seeing those interests as an obstacle to learning
- What the main tenets of Son-Rise Program® are
- The Son-Rise Program® Developmental Model’s Four Fundamentals of Socialization
- The implications for those on the spectrum of Raun K. Kaufman’s remarkable journey through autism
|Price||Early Bird : SOLD OUT|
|Location||Virtual “Vancouver, British Columbia”|
|Date||September 23, 2021|
|Time||9:00 am – 5:00 pm (PDT)|
About Raun K. Kaufman
“Our job is to unlock the intelligence that’s already there,” proclaims Raun. It’s hard to imagine that a child who is unable to engage with others can find a way to attain his potential. Raun asserts, “A child with autism is capable of limitless growth.”
-Raun K. Kaufman
Raun K. Kaufman is the author of Autism Breakthrough: The Groundbreaking Method That Has Helped Families All Over the World and the former CEO of the Autism Treatment Center of America. In addition to his work with families and educators over the past 23 years, Raun brings a distinctive qualification to the realm of autism treatment: his own personal history.
As a child, Raun was diagnosed with severe autism and recommended for lifelong institutionalization. Instead, his parents developed The Son-Rise Program, which enabled their son to emerge from his autism with no trace of his former diagnosis. His story was recounted in the best-selling book, Son-Rise: The Miracle Continues, and the award-winning NBC-TV movie, Son-Rise: A Miracle of Love.
© 2010-2021 4children.ca